Thursday, July 7, 2016

Being Enough

by Charity

Rachel says and does terrible things to shut the system down. To shut me down because she knows that I don't believe in fighting back.  I can't imagine any of us getting through to her, and I just want to give up anyway. 

I would rather be abused than fight back.  I know this sounds terrible, but I don't care any more.  It's how I feel, and I want my feelings to be accepted.  My feelings are the foundation of who I am and how I live my life.  I need to feel validated as a person, and that begins with having my feelings validated.  My feelings don't have to make sense, and they don't have to be healthy or helpful.  But they're mine, and I want them to be okay no matter what, because they are me and I am them.

And I want outside people and inside people to accept me where I am right now.  I'm tired of trying to live up to other people's expectations.  I've done that our whole life.  I just want it to be okay to be who I am and where I am, without any pressure to change if I'm not ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment