________________________________________________________________________
[4/13/2017: Reposting our first seven posts here, in reverse chronological order, after having to remove the original posts for technical reasons.]
Monday, April 14, 2014
Out of the Shadows
by Deborah
Last Wednesday evening I spoke to our therapist in person. I would not tell her my name, and she did not recognize me. It upsets us when our therapist does not recognize one of us. Perhaps this is because, since birth, we have seen adults as omnipotent and therefore have always expected them to be mind readers.
Charity has been working diligently on her own healing. Her individual progress is central to our collective progress. Last Wednesday evening we realized that she may need to step back from her efforts. I understand very well the need to step back, and this was why I volunteered to speak. I was unprepared for the difficulty which ensued. Yet somehow I persevered and stayed present for the entire session, even though I felt as though I was making the process far more difficult than necessary.
After we left the office, I heard many of the others inside cheering me. I found this puzzling, and I still do. At the same time, I realized that it was within my comfort level to contact our therapist via email, and I did so during the course of the weekend. Allegra then left our therapist a phone message stating that we had sent the email, and our therapist called us this afternoon to acknowledge this.
_____
Old, old messages fill my head as I type now. "Ensued" is acceptable, but the word "via" may not be allowed, and "email" may be considered slang. Slang is definitely not allowed.
Do not speak. Do not say too much. Do not stray beyond what has always been.
Posted by MakersDozn at 7:49 PM No comments:
Labels: Bigs, Charity, Deborah, Feelings, System Stuff, Therapy
________________________________________________________________________
New Title Image, Testing Imaging Skills, Etc.
by Laura and Allegra
Didn't like the way our header looked before. We wanted our logo on the left side of the header, with the text to the right of the logo. And the Comic Sans MS font has been part of our branding since we started our website nearly 17 years ago. Yes, the website has been "closed for renovation" for four years now, and the renovation was only supposed to take four weeks. But then our father got sick, and we had some problems online, and we were getting to a rough phase in therapy....Now is the time to move toward what we want to be.
So we put together the header as an image and edited it in PSE9. We should upgrade to the latest version of PSE, but it's on our long mental list of things to do. PSE9 works fine for now. We also use PSPX6 for certain types of imaging, depending on the image format and what we want to accomplish.
Posted by MakersDozn at 5:59 PM No comments:
Labels: Allegra, Laura, Offline Life, Tech, Therapy
________________________________________________________________________
Go Ahead, Make Me the Bad Guy
by Laura
Go ahead, make me the bad guy. Ask me if I give a
Read more »
sh*t. I don't care. Our life has gone to hell in a f*cking handbasket, and I'm left minding the store again. Why should today be any different from the last 17 years?
Yes, Allegra's with me. Allegra's always with me. She's at the head of the line full of people waiting to tell me how selfish I'm acting. Maybe not literally, but it sure as hell feels that way. I feel her and everyone else inside over the age of 11, as well as just about everyone in the outside world, judging me. It doesn't matter that the singleton mainstream looks at us and thinks they're seeing a 50-something singleton. Most of the time they see me, because I'm always there. Doing all the stuff our bigs would be doing if they showed an ounce of responsibility.
Charity can't handle it, the others inside say. Well, bullsh*t. You're over 18, suck it up. Being responsible is part of the deal. Those of us under 18 are under 18 for a reason. We're not bigs and shouldn't have the responsibility that bigs have. How many f*cking times have I had to say this?
And no, I don't feel any better now.
Posted by MakersDozn at 12:17 AM No comments:
Labels: Charity, Feelings, Laura, System Stuff, Teens
________________________________________________________________________
Sunday, April 13, 2014
Testing "Jump Break"
by Allegra
If we want to show only part of a post (to hide triggering content, for example) we have to
Read more »
insert what's called a "Jump Break" in the appropriate part of the post. Just testing it here.
Posted by MakersDozn at 7:25 PM No comments:
Labels: Allegra, Tech
________________________________________________________________________
Feeling Exposed
by Unspecified Author
Difficult to start posting. Often we feel that all of the outside world can see right through us, as if we're one of those anatomical displays that show all of the body's organs. We feel transparent and unsafe. It's true that when one of us has strong feelings, those feelings leak through the system, often causing us to be unsure how or with whom those feelings originated. This time we have an idea, but we're not ready to specify it.
We're also concerned that we're going to waste our whole vacation (Saturday, April 12 through Sunday, April 20) overwhelmed by our issues and unable to function. We feel like most of today was a waste. Yes, we did check in at Mosaic Minds and at Twitter, and we did revive this blog and start testing the current features. But we didn't eat until after we finally left the house at 4pm to go to 7-Eleven and the grocery store. A bit of shame just thinking of how inadequate we must be because of this. Old tapes, but still playing sometimes.
Posted by MakersDozn at 6:24 PM No comments:
Labels: Feelings, Unspecified Author
________________________________________________________________________
Testing (Again)
by Allegra
Just testing to see what it looks like to put the author's name on the first line of the post.
Posted by MakersDozn at 5:59 PM No comments:
Labels: Allegra, Tech
________________________________________________________________________
Saturday, November 06, 2004
Testing....
by Unspecified Author
Test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test.
Posted by MakersDozn at 4:08 AM No comments:
Labels: Tech, Unspecified Author
________________________________________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment