Monday, March 30, 2015

The "P Word," Part Deux

by Laura

I don't mind feelings. I just don't like being overwhelmed by them. Or getting hurt by others because of them.

I have another saying, "Pain is highly overrated." Yeah, it's a part of life, but holding onto it doesn't have to be.

Then why do I hurt (or want to hurt) Charity because of her feelings? Because I see her excess of feelings, and her tendency to be overwhelmed by them, as a liability for all of us. We've gotten hurt really badly because of her being so emotionally needy that she's either trusted people we had no business trusting, or been such an obsessed people-pleaser, searching fruitlessly for validation from the outside. Maybe if I had stuck up for us more often, we wouldn't have gotten hurt as much, or as often. :-/

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment