by Charity
When we woke up this morning, I was stuck in a flashback. I didn't want to be there. Who does? Do they honestly think that I enjoy it?
Some of them think that I'm just using my fear as an excuse to avoid life. Maybe I am. But it's hard to leave the house when all I can feel is the eight-year-old deathly afraid that she's going to get beat up, or ridiculed, or pushed around, or....Nothing good ever comes from leaving the house. :-(
I'm not the introject. I don't know who the introject is. Whoever it is, it's someone who's working very hard to keep us disempowered. Not that I feel empowered. I don't. I usually feel competely powerless, and I don't trust myself, or my judgment.
We've gotten hurt very, very badly because of some bad, bad choices I made. And I can't do anything to change that. I can understand why some of the others don't respect me at all, because I don't respect myself. I judge myself a lot more harshly than any of them do. Maybe if I work on forgiving myself, it might help me to heal. It's far easier said than done.
No comments:
Post a Comment