by Charity
I decided to work directly with my child self, even though I told our T that don't want to do so. I realized that if I resisted, I would be guilty of the same avoidant behaviors as our mother. I don't want to be like her.
I will not interact directly with my child self during T sessions. Our T can address me as me, and all sides of me, the complete me, will listen and respond as appropriate.
My child self can be anywhere from prenatal through about age nine. It seems that the younger she feels, the more traumatized she feels. The older she feels, the more stable she feels.
I/she/we....pronouns :-/ ....were triggered when waking up this morning. The trigger seemed connected to Jeannine's history, so Jeannine came out and spent time with her. Jeannine rarely comes out lately, so this had to be helping.
We have to go to T now.
No comments:
Post a Comment