Friday, September 18, 2015

The Impatient One

by Laura

Yeah, that's me.  I've been called worse, though.  And to our T:  I'm not offended, at least beyond the obligatory "Hmph!" you didn't hear me utter when you were talking to Charity.  I'm not the only impatient one, though.  Try sharing a head with Rachel.

So last night the bigs decided that Drew would be the one to talk to our T.  Drew had never done this before.  She held her own, even though she nearly ran out of things to talk about halfway through the phone session.  One of the things that she talked about was learning what she does well and using those abilities as her way of contributing to day-to-day system operation.  As our father, may he rest in peace, used to say, "Well, bully for her." *sarcasm*

Drew did just fine getting us off to work yesterday morning.  Allegra and I didn't have to lift a finger, despite the fact that Allegra kept trying to butt in and be helpful.  And she says I'm the one who's difficult to contain.

Well, despite Drew's statement that she was willing to make a regular contribution, she was nowhere to be seen this morning.  It was SOP, with Allegra and me dragging our stomach-virus-infested, size 8 butt out of bed and off to work.  So much for moving forward.

And since our T mentioned it,  I'll just clarify here that we bought a new air conditioner in mid-August.  This has nothing to do with the whole Drew thing, but we wanted to make it clear that the only shvitzing we're doing now is when we have a hot flash.  Our apartment is fine.  It doesn't have hot flashes anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment