Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Update, 4/1/15

by Charity

"This Too Shall Pass." A forum acquaintance quoted the saying that's commonly heard in Twelve-Step meetings. We spent two and a half years in Codependents Anonymous in the mid-1990s. I was very encouraged by what I found there, and I even led meetings. We stopped going once we realized that we were multiple, because it became more urgent to deal with the latter. I never forgot the principles,though, even if I find it hard to apply them.

We finally did laundry yesterday. Laura and Allegra did. I stayed inside, which helped me calm down, although it did leave them to do all the work at the laundromat. I don't like putting them or any of the others in the position where they have to be responsible when I can't. But another part of me resents having to take on that role, given that in childhood, I never felt that my/our needs were being met adequately by the caregivers in our life.

Our T called us a little while ago. We were supposed to have this week's session late this afternoon, but her husband is having more medical complications.  She said that she would call us back later this evening regarding a phone session.

I worry about how her situation affects us.  The others say that it's normal to be concerned about such things, but to me it seems selfish. And I don't like feeling selfish, despite the fact that this is also normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment