Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Quandary, Part Deux

by Laura

[An online friend responded that she might respond to sympathy for such a loss in the same sarcastic way that I've been tempted to respond.]

Thanks[...]. It helps that you understand my tendency for sarcasm.

Add to the mix that we have a b*tch of a migraine today, connected with menopause.  >:-(

As for what we're looking for by saying anything to our uncle's partner....well, we're not sure. It's mostly societal expectation. It's what people do. They send condolences to the ones immediately affected.

I've never been one to value societal expectations; in fact, I tend to give these expectations the two-finger salute just to be contrary. But I'm not the only person living in this body, and most of the other folks tend to do what's "right."

We have T tonight. We'll see what she thinks. Ultimately it's our decision, but we want her input.

No comments:

Post a Comment