by Laura
For the last 15 months or so, we have reported to a boss that's been driving us bat-sh*t crazy. (Well, driving me crazy....not much bothers Allegra). He's an inexperienced manager that's been supervising too many people and has had authority over areas that he's not qualified to oversee. He's a prime example that not every subject-matter expert makes a good manager.
Our company is known to restructure frequently, on the departmental level if not company-wide. So we're used to this sort of thing. It's just that in dealing with the day-to-day crappé for so long, I, Laura J. Cynic, find it hard to see the possibility of things changing for the better.
Today we were officially informed of the departmental restructure-du-jour. We will now be reporting to someone who's not only more appropriate for the work that we do, but is also free of the cluelessness of our soon-to-be-former boss.
Yee-haw. :-D
Allegra's not thrilled with the fact that I still have ill will toward Mr. Clueless. Well, first of all, I know that I'm not the only one inside who feels that way. Secondly, I don't forgive easily. You'd have to see pigs sprouting wings before I let go of a grudge. Fact is that he f*cking made our life miserable since at least last summer when he refused to be supportive of our position and our expertise. So f*ck him six ways to Sunday, and have a nice day.
I'm going to take great pleasure in knowing that now the only work-related bullsh*t is routine, everyday work-related bullsh*t. Here's to a return to sanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment