by Charity
To continue what I was writing about earlier today: I need to make clear, both to myself and to our T, exactly what I meant when I talked about acceptance. I don't mean "accept" as in "it's okay." I mean "accept" as in "this really happened, and I'm not going to deny or avoid the truth."
It's difficult when the same word can mean two very distinct things. As I said, it frustrates me. It can frustrate anyone who needs to communicate clearly. It's no wonder that there are so many misunderstandings in people's lives.
I want to be able to let my words come naturally and in character for who I am. I don't want to have to awkwardly search for a nuanced word and end up having that search cost me the impact that I wanted the word to have in the first place. I can't change the English language all by myself, nor do I want to. But I'd like to be able to communicate clearly and effectively without misunderstanding and the frustration that it causes.
Maybe I should say that I want to come to terms with our past and make peace with it. That's my ultimate goal anyway. Now I want to focus on how to get there, and on deciding on the next step to take.
No comments:
Post a Comment