by Laura
Did you honestly think that this post would be written by anybody else?
All snarkiness aside--no, I think I'll keep the snark-- Allegra said something to me that made me think. She said that I didn't have empathy. Now, I wasn't offended when she said this, and I'm still not offended. What she said is true, and I have no problem with her saying it, because I don't have a problem with the fact that this is how I am.
My lack of empathy has gotten us into a sh*tload of trouble at times at work, but I won't get into that, because the Internet has eyes and ears. But I will consent to talking about the whole issue inside and in T. No matter how important it is to be free to be who I am, I know that I have to watch how I behave, especially if there's the possibility of putting our job at risk. I hate having to censor myself. I hate having to become another cog in the insipid machine that is the corporate world. And I hate having to follow other people's rules.
We have to go to T now.
No comments:
Post a Comment