Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Little of This, A Little of That

by Allegra

Yesterday our brother, sister-in-law, and our two nieces were in the area for a visit.  One niece is in high school, and the other is in middle school.  They live four hours away from us, and it's too difficult for us to go see them.  So we have to wait until they're able to come to our area.

With taking our father to T first thing yesterday morning, and our brother et. al. not coming to our father's house until early evening, yesterday was an all-day affair for us, which meant that we had no time or energy to do other things that are important to us.  We couldn't blog, we couldn't do other things on our computer, we couldn't do things around the house, and until evening, we couldn't rest.

The good thing, aside from seeing our nieces, was that the weather was moderate and we weren't too overwhelmed by hot flashes.  Today has been more difficult.  Even though the humidity stayed low, the temperature did climb higher, and the heat in our apartment once again made it difficult for us to have any energy.  We don't want to neglect the blog, but it's difficult to write when we have little energy and the people who need to write have nothing to say.

We need to remember to be patient, but I'm beginning to understand that this is a lot easier said than done.  It's a lot easier to be patient when we don't feel as if we have so many obstacles.  I'm not discouraged, but I am feeling a little more affected by some of the things that affect others inside with me.  And I'm concerned just as much as the others are about losing my sense of who I am.

I know that this is progress.  I just hope that we can remain on course, and that I can continue to encourage the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment