Friday, December 5, 2014

Catharsis, 12/5/2014

by Charity

I have written more online during the past week than I have in I don't know how long.  It can be a big struggle for me even at the best of times.

Much of my recent upheaval is no doubt triggered by the fact that our father passed away at the end of September.  I was not close to him (Allegra was the closest), but I think that in many ways I was the most like him.

There have been certain defining incidents in our life, as we posted previously while recounting our life story.  Losing our father has been one of those defining times.  Losing our mother was very different, because our relationship with her was very different.

The good news is that I feel less burdened having talked about all of these things.  I'd like to believe that there's hope.

2 comments:

  1. If not hope, at least some relief from time to time. -B1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relief, yes. But I need hope to thrive. Faith, hope, and....Charity. :-)

    ReplyDelete