by Allegra
[A thread that I started at PsychForums a while ago was recently resurrected.]
Thanks for responding. Glad to see this thread get going again.
We
can identify with a lack of folks willing to take responsibility for
the day-to-day stuff. Our adults have the most difficulty with this,
which is made even more of an issue by the fact that one of our core
principles is that adults should act responsibly and not burden minors
with overall accountability for the system's well-being.
Age-appropriate accountability, yes. Overall responsibility, no.
I'm
happy to help our system. I'm like the Energizer bunny at times, and
I'm nowhere near as rigid in my beliefs as some of the others. I
recognize that there are times when one or two of the adults just won't
feel up to normal activity. But all five of them face these challenges
on an ongoing basis to one degree or another. And if I'm overworked, I
get tired and cranky just like anyone else would. I don't like feeling
that way.
If anyone reading has any ideas on how less enthusiastic system members can motivate themselves, please let us know.
No comments:
Post a Comment